Monday, November 21, 2011

My Weekend In Review

New York was great, crazy fun.

After I got completely lost, called a "rich white bitch" from a homeless lady who was angered that I didn't put money in her cup and couldn't find my group. After all that I had the time of my life. I found my friends and even though I hadn't met most of them in person, it felt like I had known them forever. We shopped, we talked, we laughed, we walked and walked.

We went to the Met and saw amazing art. It was exquisite.

We went to the Russian Vodka Room. After that, the night turned into a funny blur full of laughs, hugs and lots of drinks. Martinis, shots and then we went to a Mexican restaurant and made nice with beer and Patron. We got home late (early?) and crashed around 2. We got up at 6 and I took the 8:07 train back to New Haven and I got off the train, walked into the station and saw most of my family (Krystal was at my Mom's) I hugged all of them happily and crashed in bed the minute we got home.

It was a long, much needed trip for myself, by myself. I feel different now. I spent time with AMAZING friends. Funny, strong, intelligent, beautiful friends. I've never felt like I belonged with friends before. Not the way these women have made me feel like I belong.

Today, my legs ache, I miss them all a little, but I still feel amazing from the time I had. I hope we can do it again sometime.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment